Monday 2 November 2015

“Drawing Hands” is a lithograph by the Dutch artist M.C. Escher. It was first printed in January 1948. Although it is not photography, I choose it for many reasons. The first of them is that, sincerely, I don´t know so much about photography, so I don´t have any photography that I very like.  Other reasons are the method (lithography) and what I see in this print.  

In “Drawing Hands” one hand is drawing other hand that is drawing the first one. I very like this work because I see in it a principle basic of praxis: the subject that works on the nature, he transforms it at the same time he transforms himself. In “Drawing Hands”, while the hand is drawing other hand, the product of its work (the other hand) is making it, drawing it. It’s very confused to explain. However, this is only an idea, and art has not to be interpreted. 



No comments:

Post a Comment